Thursday, July 11, 2013

Art: Owly

Recently I've been attempting to kickstart my artistic hemisphere once again. Not that I feel it was ever truly inactive, I've been using it in different ways, writing, coding and drilling into my graphic design, but I haven't sketched or painted in a long time, and I missed that.

One good step forward was buying myself a wacom tablet a few months ago. I absolutely love it. In fact, I'm disappointed I didn't buy one years ago. (Note: I did actually, but at the time I felt so guilty for spending what should have gone towards rent that I returned it).

My technique is sloppy, and it's still definitely developing, but I feel I'm beginning to see a style come through, and I wanted to share a couple of pieces on this blog now which the tablet has enabled.

This one is a tribute to my old workplace in Vancouver: Owly from Hootsuite.



More to come. Enjoy.

Jimzip :D

No comments:

Post a Comment